Welcome to gotCLL.com, a highly selective guide to the best and most fitting CLL information and resources on the internet and on mobile devices.
This weblog contains links to selected resources on the intenet for CLL patients and caregivers. It was created and is maintained by a retired educator and CLL patient. Use it to locate information and resources about
- cancer in general,
- CLL in particular,
- research and advances,
- treatments and care,
- clinical practices,
- online organizations and communities, and
- related issues, information, and other resources.
gotCLL.com is intended to be an easy-to-use, guide:
- for hematologists, oncologists, or other health care providers, one they can recommend to and use with their patients;
- for CLL patients and their caregivers, which they can use to explore and learn about CLL symptoms, conditions, diagnoses, prognoses, treatments, immunology, how to live and cope with CLL, and more; and
- for family members, friends, co-workers, and acquaintances of CLL patients and their caregivers.
Several years ago, when I first googled the internet for ‘CLL,’ I got over 15,500,500 hits! It was immediately apparent there is much, much too much ‘CLL information’ out there on the internet. Mitchell Kapor, founder of Lotus and the designer of Lotus 1-2-3, once said,
Getting information off the internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant.
Mitch was right. I needed a filter and valve on that information hydrant. And, most of you out there in my shoes need the same; a gentle bubbler [a Midwestern term for drinking fountain] rather than a gushing fire hydrant. And so…
Mission Statement: The mission of this webblog is to guide CLL patients, caregivers, and healthcare professionals to the best and most fitting CLL information and resources on the internet. Hopefully, it is more a gentle bubbler than a gushing fire hydrant.
To all in the CLL community, be well-informed and be well.
– Tom Nielsen, EdD
webmaster and CLL patient…
The webmaster has no financial or other interests in any of the organizations or websites selected and linked to, here. See Profile…